Every year, Loughborough University UK has opened a Full Tuition fee Graduate School Development Trust scholarship offer for 2021/2022 African students.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible African Countries: All African Countries
To be taken at (country): Loughborough University UK
About the Award: Towards the end of each year, Loughborough University, UK announce its full-fee scholarships for international full-time taught postgraduate students who are currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa. The Loughborough University Graduate School Development Trust Africa Scholarships covers 100% of the course fees for your chosen postgraduate taught course for one year (replacing any Departmental or Loughborough University scholarships or bursaries you may already have been awarded).
Type: Doctoral (PhD)
- Currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa
- Evidence of exceptional academic achievement (normally a 1st Class Honours Degree)
- Commitment to return to their home country on completion of the postgraduate programme
- Evidence of the ability and commitment to making a significant contribution to their home country on their return
- Full understanding of the costs involved in coming to study and live in the UK
- Evidence of strong motivation and initiative to secure funds to cover the remainder of the costs involved
How Many Scholarships are available? The University will award a limited number of scholarships
What are the benefits? The scholarship will cover 100% of the course fees. Students will be expected to fund their travel and maintenance costs through other sources.
How long will sponsorship last? The financial award will last for the full duration of the postgraduate taught degree programme
How to Apply: Applicants are advised to spend considerable effort ensuring that this application reaches the selectors in a form that is clear, well presented and which reflects their abilities and motivation.