The Cheer News
Breaking News

Only Ministry of Power & NERC Can Increase Electricity Tariff Says, Presidency

Federal Government has said that the decision to increase electricity tariff is within the purview of the Ministry of Power and National Electricity Regulatory Commission.

Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity,  Femi Adesina on Channel Television programme put to rest the increment of electricity tariff.

Adesina said: “The matter is strictly not within the purview of the President but the ministry of power and National Electricity Regulatory Commission.”

READ ALSO: Navy Troops Dismantle illegal Crude Oil Sites In Ogun, Lagos

Recall that last Saturday, NERC approved an increase in electricity tariff by the 11 Electricity Distribution Companies (DisCos) in the country.

”The ministry had already explained that any adjustments to the tariff will only take effect from April. So, let’s leave it at that for now”, Adesina said.

“It’s rather too early to ask the President to wade in at this time. He should only be consulted as a final resort.”

Adesina reassured that the Federal Government will continue to ensure the interests of the public are protected regardless of any new policy implemented.

Related posts

Catholic Bishops Ask Pope Francis to Permit Married Men to be Priests

EDITOR

UN Highlights Importance Of Accountable institutions During International Anti-Corruption Day

EDITOR

First African-American Mayor Emerges after 200 Years

EDITOR

Leave a Comment